Ageing Housing, Architecture Design, Urban Morphology
The major academic fields of assoc. prof. YAO, Dong include Aging Housing, Architecture Design and Urban Morphology. Assoc. prof. YAO started his research on Ageing discourses- architecture, history and policy from 2000 and published his dissertation- Housing the Aged in International Metropolis in 2007. As a specialist of Ageing, He is building his influence in various aspects. Currently he holds research program on Urban Senior Facilities granted by National Science Foundation of China (NSFC no. 51378356). He is the co-editorial of the Chinese national standard- Code for Design of Residential Buildings for the Aged. He is also the senior consultant of ageing related development of Shanghai Vanke Ltd. With study on Ageing, along with researches on Evidence-based Design, Site-oriented Design and Urban Design; he has finished many projects of architecture and urban design. He has published two digits of papers and books and given lectures and speeches in China and overseas.
Grants and Awards:
1. Feng-Ji-Zhong Award for Excellent Teacher, College of Architecture and Urban Planning, Tongji University, 2013.10.
2. Third Prize, Huaxia Constructional Science and technology Award, Department of Construction, China, 2012.12
3. Advanced Supervisor Award, China Environmental Design Prize, 2012.07.
4. Third Prize (Supervisor of “Soft city”), Vertical Cities Asia International Competition, Singapore: NUS, 2012.07.
5. Han-Guo-Long Award for excellent Teacher, Second Prize, Tongji University, 2011.10.
6. Third Prize (Supervisor of “the boundless city”), Vertical Cities Asia International Competition, Singapore: NUS, 2011,07.
Residential Planning and Housing Design Studio (Grade4 undergraduate core studio)
Urban Design Studio (Grade4 undergraduate core studio)
Meet Your Cities: morphology, image and mapping (Undergraduate English lecture series)