psychology, behavior and social aspects of architectural and urban design
Professor Leiqing XU is famous for his architectural and urban design research on psychology, behavior, human engineering and social aspects of environment in China. His writings, ranging from human engineering, environmental psychology, behavior, to architectural design, landscape, and city environment, have appeared in a number of Chinese Journals including Architectural Journal, Architectural Science, Journal of Urban Planning, Chinese Landscape Architecture, Frontiers of Architecture and civil Engineering in China, and so on. Xu is currently pursuing the extended study of Performance of Rail Station Complex in China supported by NSFC. He is a founding member and General Secretary of Environment Behavior Research Association (EBRA), Member of editorial board of Architectural Science Review (ASR), and also Fellow of Academy of Cityscape, World Association of Chinese Architects (WACA).
Grants and Awards:
1. Performance Optimization of Rail Transit Complex: Design Control Methods and Correlative Effects---The Case Study of Shanghai (National Natural Science Foundation of China ), 2014—2017. No.51378355
2. The Evacuation Efficiency Evaluation of Underground Urban Spaces in Shanghai. 2007-2008. No. 50611130241
3. Spatial Cognition in Complex City Environment. (National Natural Science Foundation of China ), 2005—2007. No. 50408038
1. Environmental Psychology. With Gongxia Yang. Tongji University Press. 2000.
2. Human Engineering and Environment-Behavior. China Architecture & Building Press. 2006.
3. Human Scale. In Handbook of Architectural Design. China Architecture & Building Press. 2015.
4. Human Scale and Architectural Design, China Architecture & Building Press. 2016.
5. Environment & Behavior. (Eds. ). with Lu Wei and Li Bin. China Architecture & Building Press. 2016.
There are more than 50 research papers published on the peer review Journals in China.