Arichtectural Theory and Chinese Architectural History
1. The micro-morphology of Chinese traditional settlements: from site-adaption of vernacular architecture to built fabric
2. Architecture and settlement in the ancient painting of China
3. The review of Contemporary Chinese architecture
Grants and Awards:
1. Scholarship Award for Excellent Doctoral Student Granted by Ministry of Education, PRC. Graduate Student: Liu Diyu, 2010.
2. Graduate Student’s Excellent Achievement (Dissertation) by the Educational Bureau of Shanghai, 2014: “the Townspeople-Images’ Historic and Regional Character in Ancient China: Conparison Studies of Different Versions of Qingming Shanghe Tu”. Graduate Student: Liu Diyu; Supervisor: Chang Qing.
1. Theory and History of Architecture, Part I (Undergraduate program)
2. History of Chinese Architecture (Graduate program)
3. Fundamentals of Architecture Design (Undergraduate program)
Scholarly Books, Monographs and Chapters
1. LIU, Diyu. The Cities and Architects in Diferent Versions of Qingming Shanghe Tu [M]. Tongji University Press, 2014.
2. LIU, Diyu. Rooted [M]. Jiangsu People’s Publishing Ltd, 2013.
1. LIU, Diyu. "From Historical Images to Architectural Information : Research of Architectural History on Dunhuang Frescoes by Two Scholars from the 1930s to the 1950s" [J]. Architectural Journal, no.9+10 (2014): 150-155.
2. LIU, Diyu. "Study on the Site-adaptation of Vernacular Architecture in the Wu Area: For Example of the Blocks Named Qi and Hong in Tongli Ancient Town" [J]. The Architect, no.1 (2016): 84-94.
3. LIU, Diyu. "Trigger Publicness: Design of the New Youth Commune of Songhua Lake, Jilin" [J]. Time + Architecture, no. 6 (2016): 96-103.
4. LIU, Diyu. "Highlighting the Everyday Lives: Reflecting on Liu Yuyang Architects Wuyuan Road Studio" [J]. Time + Architecture, no. 4 (2016): 106-113.
5. LIU, Diyu. "Micro-renovation and Continuation: Review on the Renovation Project of the Water Tank House" [J]. Time + Architecture, no. 3 (2016): 64-71.
6. LIU, Diyu. "Transformation Design of the Water Tower House and Related Domains" [J]. Time + Architecture, no. 6 (2015): 77-81.
7. LIU, Diyu. "Sensuous Interfaces: On “A Kind of Modern Chinese Style” Embodied in Jiu Jian Tang Second Phase and Building 66" [J]. Time + Architecture, no. 4 (2015): 150-161.
8. LIU, Diyu. "The Other / Materiality: Two Notes on Deqing Original Homestay" [J]. Time + Architecture, no.2 (2015): 100-105.
9. LIU, Diyu. "Between Reduced Model and Comlex Reality: Rethinking Frei Otto’s Researchers on Morphology of Settlements" [J]. Time + Architecture, no. 4 (2013): 156-157.
10. LIU, Diyu. "Starting Point: The Professional Debuts of 1950s and 1960s-born Architects and Architectural Competitions in the 1980s" [J]. Time + Architecture, no. 1 (2013): 40-45.
11. LIU, Diyu. "A Historical Study of Downtown Streets Spatial Interface in Dongjing in the North-Song Dynasty: The Example of Qingming Shanghe Tu" [J]. Urban Planning Forum, no.3 (2012): 111-119.
12. LIU, Diyu. "A Study on Cailou-Huanmen of Song Dynasty China" [J]. The Architect, no.2 (2012): 59-64.
13. LIU, Diyu. "The City Reflected in the Prism of Nature: An Analysis of the Concept of the “Garden City” in the Works Exhibited at the 2011 Chengdu Biennale International Architecture Exhibition" [J]. Time + Architecture, no.5 (2011): 50-53.
14. LIU, Diyu. "From Enlightenment Return to Everyday: Operations of Architectural Practice of the New Avant-Gardes" [J]. Time + Architecture, no.2 (2011): 36-39.
15. LIU, Diyu. "Spatial Foundations of Street Culture: A Study on the Relationship Between the Street Space and the Scene of Everyday Lives in Different Versions of Qingming Shanghe Tu" [J]. Time + Architecture, no.4 (2011): 64-71.
16. LIU, Diyu. "Research on the Detail-Construction of Dongjing City in Nothern-Song Dynasty by Qingming Shanghe Tu" [J]. The Architect, no.2 (2010): 101-106.
17. LIU, Diyu. "Influence of Relevant Elements on Giving Shape to House Form: Reading Notes from House Form and Culture" [J]. Architectural Journal, no.4 (2008): 100-101.
18. LIU, Diyu. "Surface as Method: From 4-d Descompounds to 4-d Continuum" [J]. The Architect, no.4 (2004): 25-30.
19. LIU, Diyu, and Feng Lu. "Openness or Envelopment: Starchitecture and Their Attitudes Towards Building Surface" [J]. Time + Architecture, no.4 (2003): 84-87.
20. LIU, Diyu. "Design Intervened with Operation: An Opportunity for Architectural Creation" [J]. Time + Architecture, no.3 (2003): 42-43.
21. LIU, Diyu. "Essay of Beijing: Five Competitions and a Charter" [J]. Time + Architecture, no.2 (2003): 24-25.