LED and lighting technology; circadian lighting research; light quality and well-being benefits; healthy luminous environment; color science
1. Circadian lighting
2. Healthy luminous environment
3. Color Science and lighting quality
Grants and Awards:
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China: “Spectral optimization of indoor LED lighting based on human circadian rhythm effects”, principal investigator.
2. The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities: “Circadian effect vs. perceived illumination – research on two-dimension lighting design”, principal investigator.
3. National Key Research and Development Program (sub project 2016YFC0300601-03): “Lighting technology research in ultra-deep-sea condition”, key researcher of sub-project.
Recent Publications and patents:
Qi Dai，Qifeng Shan, Hien Lam, Luoxi Hao，Yi Lin，Zhe Cui，"Circadian-effect engineering of solid-state lighting spectra for beneficial and tunable lighting", Optics Express 24, 20049 (2016)
Qi Dai，Luoxi Hao，Yi Lin，Zhe Cui，"Spectral optimization simulation of white light based on the photopic eye-sensitivity curve", Journal of Applied Physics 119, 053103 (2016)
Qi Dai, Ming Li, Robert Harrison, Edward Haidar, “Planckian and non-planckian dimming of solid state light sources”, US Patent 9,271,362 (granted in 2016)
Ming Li, Qi Dai, Keng Chen, "Techniques for lumen maintenance and color shift compensation", US Patent 9,335,210 (granted in 2016)